Most of the Idaho progressive blogs have weighed in on the inflammatory comments that were broadcast last week on a southern Idaho talk radio show, racist comments that have no place on public airwaves and no place in our communities, but it does not matter that these were progressive blogs. This is not a partisan issue. This is a community issue. This is about whether or not we allow and support hatred to be spread through our communities.
Do you want to send a message against this hatred that seems rampant in southern Idaho? Tell the sponsors of Zeb Bell's radio show that enough is enough. Tell the sponsors of Zeb Bell that you will not tolerate hate speech and if they continue to support him monetarily you will no longer support their businesses.
A complete list of Mr. Bell's sponsors can be found at 43rd State Blues.
A list, by no means complete, of stories appearing in the Idaho progressive blogosphere over the past week appears below.
- The Political Game: A Community in Chaos; Bell Wants to Face Accusers; Racism on the Airwaves; Where Does the Hatred End?; Racial Slur Broadcast in South Central Idaho; Derailed: Zeb Bell & Free Speech.
- Red State Rebels: Hate not in our state, not on our airwaves.
- 43rd State Blues: Racist Rupert, Idaho radio talk show hosts; Confronting Hatred in Idaho.
- Unequivocal Notion: Racism--alive and well in Idaho.
- The MountainGoat Report: Racism still in Idaho; A response to Zeb Bell; Why Zeb Bell Matters.
Please take a moment to send a message to Zeb's sponsors as well as your fellow Idahoans that hate will not be tolerated here.